May 3, 2018—Today, New Leaders and the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE), in collaboration with the Supporting Effective Educator Development (SEED) Partnership Grant Community of Practice, will deliver a webinar entitled “School Leadership and School Improvement.”
The webinar will focus on opportunities in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) to strengthen school leadership, advance equity, and support the success of all students.
During the session, experts will share information on specific provisions in ESSA that can be used to bolster states’ school leadership investments, especially for the lowest-performing schools, schools with large, persistent achievement gaps, and other schools identified as a state priority based on other crucial indicators of school capacity and performance and student success. Further, these experts will explore State Board authority and other policy levers to advance leadership, with specific lessons from Tennessee and Missouri.
The event will feature the following experts:
- Paul Fleming, Assistant Commissioner, Teachers and Leaders Division, Tennessee Department of Education
- Paul Katnik, Assistant Commissioner, Office of Educator Quality, Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- Vic Lenz, Vice President, Missouri State Board of Education
- Don Long, Director of Teaching, Leading, and Learning, NASBE
- Sarah Rosenberg, Senior Director of Policy, New Leaders
- Brenda Turnbull, Principal, Policy Studies Associates
Registration is open to the public and can be found here.
A recording of the webinar will be available afterward here.